Methods TubaDo It! Play Tuba – Book 1
SALE Price: $8.95
The Tuba book and CD from the Do It! Play in Band series by James O. Froseth includes:
• Modeling by Fritz Kaenzig (University of Michigan).
• Professional studio backgrounds capture the rich diversity of American music culture with a repertoire of American, Latin American, African, European, and Far Eastern styles.
• Music of other times, including 12th-century conductus, 15th-century Dance of the Bouffons, 16th-century French branle, 18th- and 19th-century folk songs and dances, 1940s and ’50s jazz, blues, and rock-and-roll.
• The repertoire and recorded contexts are motivating, informative, and entirely musical.
• Every song includes text, providing information about phrasing, rhythm, style, affect, emotion, history, and culture.
• A unique Rhythmic Pattern Dictionary allows students to “look it up” and “listen up”.
• An individualized format allows students to progress at different rates with a “theme and variation” format.
• Ear training and improvisation are integral parts of the lesson format.
• Artist performers set musical standards in sound with more than 80 great performances on CD for every instrument, and one CD lasts for the entire book!